Extension lead fires

I’m starting to see a lot more sites banning the use of wind up extension leads, and I always hear people say “that’s stupid I’ve never seen or heard of one setting a light!!”.

Well one in Paddington caught alight this very year. It was a 50m lead that was being used for short distance extension whilst using all of its sockets. In the interest of keeping cables out of the way this was still wound up and inevitably heated up causing the lead to set itself alight.

February 19, 2014 | Categories: Lighthouse Blog |
Share this page:
Share on Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
For further information call Lighthouse: 01634 260 631 or email: [email protected]

Accreditations & Certifications